Recently Spark announced the winners of its $100K Qualifiers round. This stage saw 12 teams awarded a place in the ‘finals’ or qualify for the next phase where they undergo further workshops and mentoring to convert their 5 page venture summaries into full business plans. The judging of these teams will involve not only the assessing the business plans but also presenting a pitch to the judging panel. The winner will walk away with $20K worth of seed capital and $10K worth of ICEHOUSE incubation.
The 12 teams include
- Metabo-LINK: novel fungicides for the agricultural industry.
- Green Loos: designs and hires out eco-friendly portable composting toilets.
- Health Green NZ: NZ Seafood products
- Huka Hurtle: Adventure tourism
- Team Cube Brick: Loyalty points program for charity
- NTouch Networks: Software for touch screens
- Blindvision: Navigation technologies for the vision impaired
- Redlights: Red light camera technologies
- Nova Eco Tech Ltd: Natural gas conversion technologies for petroleum based automobiles
- Buy2gether: n/a
- TwoNeeds:NGO marketplace and resource management
- Landmarker: Precision agricultural/ farming technologies
Graeme @ graemefielder.com