So I launched a business a few months back now, Lab Trader NZ Ltd. So far its been great. Of course there have been a few road bumps, but nothing serious…yet. The key thing I’ve achieved to date is confirming there is a need for my business. And I don’t mean just simply asking people if they would use it. I mean getting people paying money to use the service.
So far we/I :
- have approx $80,000 worth of lab equipment transactions loaded on to the online marketplace www.labtrader.co.nz. And another $10,000 offline.
- have saved researchers over $25,000 in lab equipment purchases by providing great quality use lab equipment.
- are turning a profit.
- have received praise from our clients i.e. ‘this is a great idea’.
- are seeing repeat purchasing behaviour.
- have received media attention here.
- have found it very easy to find equipment to sell, but as expected regarding selling this equipment.
- Get some more staff.
- Become an official supplier on all university and CRI procurement systems.
- Broaden our network of prospective ‘Lab Traders’ (buyers & sellers).
- Seal more deals!
Hope to update you again soon.